picture

picture
LOVE

Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, part 2....

So, I don't usually post 2 days in a row, but this I just have to put out there....Since I am 14 hours ahead of everyone back home in Arkansas, I'm usually on Tuesday before everyone goes to bed Monday night. Well, let me tell you, this week wasn't looking at the calendar when today woke me up! My Monday this week wasn't too bad, other than burning myself when I was trying to pull brownies out of a tiny oven at work Monday evening. I have seen easy-bake ovens larger than what you find in a typical Japanese house, and that just happens to be what my employer lives in.....Anyway, it was just a 1st degree, nothing major, and in fact, it didn't start bothering me until I was trying to go to bed--so out came the aloe, and this morning, (almost) good as new! you can still see a slightly red spot on either side of my hand where it happened (I burnt my hand going into the oven and then coming back out again, so a burn on my pinkie and a burn between my thumb and forefinger), but other than that everything is good.
This morning, however, is a much, much, much different story! Got woken up by the doorbell at 6am, which is very unusual as the only people up around here at that time of day (at least in our building) are those who have to be up to go to work (or do PT, but that's trivial at this point). When JJ opened the door, who should be standing there but one of the Sgts from work, looking at his watch. Both of us had slept through BOTH of JJ's alarms this morning, and he was already 30 minutes late when they came looking for him. They had probably tried to call, but since our phones (for the moment) only get reception by the balcony door in the living room, we didn't hear his phone ring, either. He jumps in the shower to get out the door to work and I dash into the kitchen to make his lunch, which was not as fantastic as normal because, obviously we were a little short on time. As I am getting ready to step over the gate into the kitchen, I realize that I have been walking towards a very unpleasant smell. I gather up the peanut butter that JJ left open in the living room so I could make his sandwhich for lunch, and turn to flip the light switch before going into the kitchen....good thing I did.
I saw a lovely mess all over the floor. I am so glad we keep the dogs in the kitchen at night, because this is not something I would've wanted to clean out of carpet. I didn't have time to do anything but make the sandwhich right then, so I picked my way carefully around the mess and did what I needed to do. I was done with the lunch by the time he got out of the shower, but since someone forgot to clean the Bento box last night, I had to quickly find an alternative, luckily my ziploc plastic storage containers were all clean, and they work in a pinch. So after assembling the lunch, I turned my attention to the kitchen. In one corner there were 2 dogs laying on top of each other in the same bed, and strewn out across the rest of the kitchen was pee, poop (some of it looked like diahrrea), and puke. At first I couldn't figure out why the dogs were in the same bed other than they didn't want to be anywhere near the mess, because it STANK! But upon beginning to clean it up, I noticed that the chaos had started in the other bed. Apparently one of them (still don't know which one it was) started puking/pooping before they could get out of the bed and make it to the other end of the kitchen--said bed is now going through the washing machine for the second time today, and that's even after I rinsed it in the bathtub first.
I went through what was left of 2 things of Clorox bleach wipes (and both were almost full) to get the biggest portions of the mess up before I could even think about mopping the floor, and then had to take all of that downstairs to the trash. I then retreated to my room with the laptop to get away from the smell for a few hours before taking them outside to go potty (since they had already done such a good job of it in my kitchen), where they each only peed again....lovely....
And, no matter how hard I scrubbed, I COULD NOT get the stench off my hands....made eating quite challenging as no one wants that smell anywhere near their food. As I got ready to get in the shower a couple hours later (I was waiting on the washing machine to finish the first time), I checked on them and found another pile of diahrrea, cleaned it up and put them on the balcony, hoping that some fresh air for them would help. The shower did the trick! My hands don't smell like doggy sick and I was able to actually cook something in the kitchen for lunch. Now I just hope that whichever one it was that got all nasty sick is over it by tomorrow because I don't want to have to fight the walk-in crowd at the vet clinic since its impossible to get an appt there with less than 3 weeks' notice. And I have to take them in anyway on Thurs for their final quarantine appt.
In the midst of all this, I got a phone call from the Primary Counselor in charge of nursery to rehash some things that we're trying to do in there, but that conversation was rather pleasant compared to the rest of my day, and talking it out with her again helped us to really get a plan in place much better than we had last week when we started talking more about an idea we had had a couple months ago. Now I just have to survive a sick dog (or 2) for another 2 hours before heading to work, and then at some point between now and 9am tomorrow morning have to move all the cups and glasses out of a cabinet to a different cabinet and move the microwave so housing maintenance can come put a hole in my ceiling tomorrow to fix the leak that's been an issue off and on for the last month, but while they get started on that, I'm going to go get a flu shot and turn in the last of my paperwork for subsituting at the school.
Here's hoping that tomorrow will be a better day despite the kitchen full of workers!

No comments:

Post a Comment