picture

picture
LOVE

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The last week....

Ok, so, this is actually probably going to be about a little more than the last week, but here goes....I think the last post was about losing our dog Sweet Pea.  Well, the day after that, I started 5 days of overnight babysitting for a friend who was going with her husband and 2 oldest children to climb Mt Fuji.  Let's just say, 7-yr old twins and a 5-yr old make for some excitement!  But we survived and made it through alright, which unfortunately is more than I can say for the saltwater fishtank inhabitants that decided to die on us and make the house stink!  Anyway, I then did a few days for my regular kids over 2 weeks before they went on vacation, and now I'm keeping an eye on their 2 dogs until they get back (I basically go out to their house once a day and feed them since they are outdoor dogs).  Meanwhile, we've been dogsitting a collie at our house for a guy that JJ works with, and she should be going home sometime this week.  Now I'm with another family of children (3 brothers ranging in age from 3 to 7) while their parents climb Mt. Fuji.  (And housing maintenance is finally here to fix their A/C!!!)

We got Sweet Pea's ashes back from the Private Service this last week, and I'm working on trying to get things arranged in my living room to give her a permanent spot on a shelf to watch over us in her own way.  Ceaser has been better with the collie staying with us, but I don't know what he might do when she goes back home.  He has definitely chilled a little in the licking area of things, but he has gotten a little more aggressive as far as people coming over--especially children.  Although at the dog park he is less likely to get into a fight. 

I met with a new family on Saturday after watching a 9-mo old in our squadron.  I have 3 solid dates for babysitting them coming up!  She has asked about several more, but with a YSA activity on the horizon and school getting ready to start, I'm going to try to get through this month first, pin down a definite date for this YSA luau they are wanting to have in Sept (that's as far as a planned date we have so far), and then start filling up Sept and Oct.  We appear to be on our way to greatly reducing our debt (if not eliminating it all together) before we leave here!!!  On a similar note, JJ made SSgt, and now we're waiting for his line number to come up!!!  We finally made it after 3 years of testing, which he's on his way to take another CLEP test this morning to hopefully get closer to finishing his CCAF, which will give him an Associate's and move him further towards a Bachelor's. 

I've got quite a few projects at home that I need to get done over the next couple weeks before school starts back on the 27th, including a 1st birthday present and finishing organizing our toy/craft room and bookshelves in the living room.  (I'm kinda hoping that I get more substitute calls this year, as since I've already done it I get moved up on the list to get called in.)  I am also terribly behind on Christmas shopping, but hopefully that will be remedied soon.  I know what I'm going to get JJ for his birthday/Christmas/anniversary (yes, they are all in the same month!), I just have to put in the orders. 

I guess this is it for now.  The temperature in here is stifling, and the boys are irritable in a way that only comes from heat and a slight of sleep due to being in an exciting new place (we slept at my house last night where it was cooler).

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment