picture

picture
LOVE

Monday, April 30, 2012

Sorry...

I realized shortly after my last post that it was rather repetitious...I guess it just goes to show how frazzled I've gotten lately, sorry about that.  However, on to bigger and better things....

I have spent the last 4 days getting no sleep and barely able to eat or drink anything thanks to my wonderfully enormous tonsils.  I had hoped that the days of post-nasal drip would be gone now that I'm on allergy meds, but alas, it was not meant to be.  I was babysitting 4 nights ago when about the kids' bedtime I started feeling a little flushed and feverish.  I didn't really think too much of it as it had been storming and raining around here a good deal so I had been spending a lot of time snuggled under blankets curled up, so I was stiff and had not done that much jumping around over the few previous days.  I also had done about 20 minutes of Zumba (I know, not enough to really count for much) on the Xbox Knect, so I just chalked it up to being a little out of shape and overtired.  Needless to say, by the time the parents came home about an hour later, I knew something wasn't right--I had started chattering and shivering to the point that my bottom teeth are still sore! I got home and JJ pulled out the thermometer (after he helped me in from the car), and we discovered that I had a low-grade fever (well, for a normal person, but with my lower-than-average daily temp, anything over 100.0 is a little concerning) of 100.8.  A little bit of Nyquil and a blessing later, I was wide awake and drowning in post-nasal drip, with a fever that just wouldn't quit.  I didn't get to church on Sunday because a) I was exhausted and b) I still had a fever.  Took about 24 hours for the fever to break, but by then the only position that was anywhere near comfortable was sitting/standing looking straight ahead, not swallowing or talking.  By Monday morning, the fever was completely gone, and I could swallow a little better, but still no sleep and swollen tonsils.  I picked up my usual 3 kids and went to the pool (yes, the pool!) for a couple hours and while they played in bed rather than take a nap, I ended up drowsing off for about 30-45 minutes, by this time the headache was back, and my throat was worse again.  By the time I got home, I was back at a low-grade fever, and turning my head was even more painful, and the outline of my tonsils could be seen on either side of my neck (so I was told).  Here it is Tuesday, and I've got an appointment in 2 hours to go in and see what the doctor has to say.  He just saw me last week as a follow-up where we discussed the results of my allergy test, and now I'm back with the same problem that lead to the allergy testing in the first place.  This time I'm going to try to get him to seriously sit down and talk with me about having these tonsils removed.  I've had it with them.  The other night I was about to go at them myself.

I've been up since 2am (about 5 hours now), and my throat is doing better, but I've been sitting up, not laying down, which makes a HUGE difference....still no sleep last night.  I'm running on empty here.  I've still got 4 days (including today) with these kids!  I know the plan is to go to the zoo at some point this week, among the different parks and beaches we have around.  And then its back to these guys in the afternoons and another group most mornings next week.  I've got to get some sleep.  JJ has to get some sleep, too.  He had a rather busy day yesterday, including a 3.2 mile run with the squadron, and he's running on about 3-4 hours of sleep today (which is better than yesterday).  Its a good thing he's off tomorrow, maybe he can get a little better sleep.

On a much better note, we have some indication that our house in the states might be getting ready to be sold, so that's great!  We'll be kicking out debt much faster then!  JJ has some phone calls to make about it this evening after he gets home from work, so we'll see how serious the intention is.

Spring is about done here on Okinawa, with summer well on its way.  We've already seen temps in the 80s, with yesterday being no exception.  With the rainy season just about over, its time to start getting ready for typhoon season, starting with the commissary's case lot sale this weekend--I can't wait!!  At the last sale we got a case of shampoo that we haven't gotten halfway through--of course we had just bought shampoo before the sale, but what can you do, right? And a case of cereal that saved us buying cereal for about 2 months.  We are still working our way through the case of brownies and muffin mix that we bought, but we'll be stocking up on the cases of juices and water that will be there to get us through the upcoming typhoons.  Besides, anyone who knows me at all knows that I can't pass up a good bargain!

I've been on Pinterest lately and have found many a project I want to do, but I am having difficulties finding the materials.  Good thing I have Amazon!!  But, even then I'm only going to order the good bargains with the free shipping, which JJ doesn't always seem to understand.  To have things shipped here in a timely manner costs a lot, but if you can get free shipping by buying a certain amount of stuff, why not?  I will spend days trying to fill that requirement just to save on the shipping, which sometimes would be more than total cost of the items combined, or more than the cost of one item, so the more I buy, the more I save!

For the time being, though, I'm trying to take things one day at a time, starting with folding the laundry I washed last week and the load I've already done this morning, and getting to my appointment, then babysitting.  Whew, I'm tired already! Oh, yeah, I haven't gotten any sleep lately......

No comments:

Post a Comment